Clicksco is a leader in the mining and manipulation of big data in the retail, finance and travel sectors, providing lead generation, web search, comparison shopping and affiliate marketing services. It has partners that include Google, Yahoo and Amazon. We acquire data from different digital channels, process and analyse it through data science and machine learning algorithms and action it through the creation of customer cohorts and personalisation.
We have offices all over the world and put great emphasis on creating a fun and exciting environment in which to work. This role is based in the centre of Middlesbrough, close to Mima, in a newly refurbished office with plenty of natural light, a central kitchen and relaxing area, good coffee machine, well stocked drinks fridge and a play-station downstairs in the ‘den’. We have a 4-day working week: 38 hours, Mon – Thu. There is a company pension contribution and 20 days holidays (equivalent to 5 weeks) + bank holidays.
We are looking for a senior developer to work on server side development at the bleeding edge of adtech. You will be part of a team creating sophisticated big data applications, sometimes from scratch, sometimes adding to existing systems.
This role has various facets including taking business features and breaking them down into tasks, liaising with different teams to ensure dependencies are understood, designing performant algorithms required to deliver the features and of course writing great code. You will have experience of writing and deploying applications to production, dealing with scale and understanding the importance of the customer. You will also have a sharp eye for spotting defects.
You should be a team player and have experience of leading teams of developers. If you are also passionate about creating complex software systems and solid software design and architecture, we’d like to meet you.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Take ownership of different areas and business features
- Lead a small team of developers
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Support the delivery of features into production
- Write clean, scalable server side code
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and be able to provide technical support when required
- Proven experience as a Developer with 5+ years in a commercial environment writing server side code.
- Ideally proficient with .Net but we will consider candidates with Java
- Practical experience with designing and writing large, complex software applications
- Practical experience with your code in production
- Ideally full understanding and experience of the features, use and structure of Azure and/or AWS
- Experience of leading small teams of developers
- Experience with the practicalities of the SLDC. e.g. deployment, source control, agile boards, build
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related numerical field